RESIDENTIAL VACANCIES AND HOMEOWNERSHIP IN THE FOURTH QUARTER 2011
National vacancy rates in the fourth quarter 2011 were 9.4 percent for rental housing and 2.3 percent for homeowner housing, the Department of Commerce’s Census Bureau announced today. The rental vacancy rate of 9.4 percent was approximately the same as the fourth quarter 2010 rate (+/-0.5 percentage points)* and 0.4 percentage points lower than last quarter (+/-0.4). The homeowner vacancy rate of 2.3 percent was 0.4 percentage points lower than the fourth quarter 2010 rate (+/-0.2) and 0.1 percentage point lower (+/-0.1)* than the rate last quarter (2.4 percent).
The homeownership rate of 66.0 percent was 0.5 percentage points (+/-0.4) lower than the fourth quarter 2010 rate (66.5 percent) and 0.3 percentage points (+/-0.4)* lower than the rate last quarter (66.3 percent).
Read the rest of the press release here
- Denver 2nd Lowest in Housing Decline
- Congressman Duncan Hunter to Co-Chair 1parkplace Real Estate Symposium – EON: Enhanced Online News (press release)
- Real Estate Recovery in Ski Resort Markets? – PR Newswire (press release)
- Strong Rental Market in Denver ARTICLE
- Berkeley’s Pidgley Says UK Home Prices May Rise 5% on Housing Shortage – Bloomberg